Sunday, March 28, 2010

Adventures in Downtown L.A.

Saturday morning... My friend Elizabeth and I braved the streets of Downtown L.A. in attempt to find several items -- a veil, fabric to cover up a mirror in the dining room, and bridesmaids dresses. Boy was it crowded! Prom season was full in effect. It made me feel so old! I haven't been Downtown on a weekend for so long -- I forgot why I usually take a weekday off work when I need to run errands there. Nevertheless, Elizabeth and I were on a mission! And yes, I found a veil and fabric! I won't post a picture of the veil of course.... You'll just have to wait and see it after the wedding!

As for bridesmaids dresses -- that was a different story. Who knew that royal blue dresses were so hard to find?! I swear I saw royal blue dresses just about everywhere and now when it comes time to physically look for one, the only royal blue dresses we managed to find were ones with a whole lot of sparkle added to it! We already have plans to have all the bridesmaids dresses made by my sister's mother-in-law, but since she won't be starting them just yet, I thought we could look for some and if we find any we like, then we'll just buy them. I guess we might be sticking to that plan after all! After many hours of searching, we finally folded and ended our day on a good note that we found a veil for me.

In other good news, my fiance finally comes home this week! It's always a bit creepy being home alone. I grew up in a small house with 5 older brothers and sisters so I never like an empty house. The few weeks that Jim's been gone, however, I have been really busy with wedding stuff so it's helped passed the time. Just a few more days to go! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment